At Borsheims, we respect our customers and understand that you are concerned about privacy and the use of your personal information. We consider the information you choose to share with us personal and confidential. We have confidentiality policies in place at Borsheims, and we do our best to ensure that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible manner.
In the disclosure below, Borsheims outlines our pledge to you and describes how we protect your confidential information.
Borsheims Privacy Pledge
- Borsheims is committed to keeping you informed about your privacy rights and how we comply with them.
- Borsheims promises to safeguard any information customers share with us.
- Borsheims will maintain specific security standards and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Borsheims will not sell or share any of your personal information.
- Borsheims does not provide customer information to other Berkshire Hathaway companies for marketing purposes.
How do we collect your information?
Borsheims limits the collection and use of your personal information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to you and to administer our business. This information comes from a variety of sources including:
- Personal information such as addresses, social security numbers and credit data provided by you on credit applications (whether through the mail, by telephone or over the Internet).
- Credit history or employment verification information we receive from an outside company such as a credit bureau.
- Interaction within our store or our website.
- Information about your transactions or experiences with us.
What do we do with your information?
Because our goal is to provide products and services that best meet your needs, we evaluate your personal interactions with us in an effort to bring you the latest designs in jewelry and gift products. By better understanding your relationship with us, we are able to continue to provide exceptional customer service and communicate new products or services.
We also scrutinize your information and account to ensure their security and protection from unauthorized use.
Do we share your information with outside parties or companies?
Borsheims does not disclose any non-public personal information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may disclose some or all of the information we have gathered to outside companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Unrelated companies receiving your information from us have entered into or will enter into agreements with us to protect the information they receive. These agreements also limit the use of the information to providing services we request. Each of these companies is subject to confidentiality agreements and restrictions that prohibit them from using your information outside of our intended purposes. We may share all of the information we collect about you and former customers with the following types of companies:
- Select financial service providers who participate in joint marketing programs with us.
- Financial service providers and non-financial companies who provide services for us, such as companies that prepare invoices, help us service accounts or market our products and services.
Borsheims does not sell your name or account information to any outside third party . . . ever!
When necessary and as permitted or required by law, Borsheims may disclose certain customer information to government agencies, consumer-reporting agencies, and other outside parties. These disclosures are made for specific, limited purposes such as:
- Verifying information for credit approvals
- Identity verification
How is your information secured?
Borsheims is committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to your customer information, and we maintain procedures and technology designed for this purpose. We take several steps to protect the customer information we have about you, including the following:
- Borsheims updates and tests our technology on a regular basis in order to improve the protection of customer information.
- We require outside companies and independent contractors to whom we provide customer information for marketing, servicing or processing purposes, to enter into a confidentiality agreement that restricts the use of the information to those purposes and prohibits independent use of the information.
- Access to your information is controlled by strict internal procedures and password protected systems. We maintain policies about the proper physical security of workplaces and records. Our physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards comply with federal regulations regarding the protection of customer information.
How is your information maintained?
To ensure Borsheims has the most current, complete customer information possible, we have procedures governing the collection and maintenance of your information. As part of these procedures, we update customer information as well as remove old information. We accomplish this through:
- Conducting regular system back up processes in the event of power outages.
- Utilizing the latest computer virus detection software on all company information systems.
- Preventing unauthorized entry into company systems through the use of computer hardware and software.
What are your choices regarding information sharing?
Borsheims is committed to using your information responsibly. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, and do not wish marketing information sent to you, simply contact us using the options below. If you have previously requested that Borsheims not mail or contact you regarding any new product offerings, you do not need to do so again.
How To Notify Us
If you would like to communicate your choices, please call us at 800-91-OMAHA.
Or you may write to us at:
Jewelry Company, Inc.
120 Regency Parkway
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
Or you may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Borsheims applies opt outs at the account level, not by individual customer. When any person listed with others on an account opts out, we will list the entire account as having opted out.
The practices and policies contained in this disclosure are subject to change, but we will communicate any material changes to you when required by applicable laws. The practices and policies in this disclosure replace all previous notices or statements with respect to the same subject matter.
Privacy on borsheims.com
As a visitor to borsheims.com, our web site automatically recognizes your Internet Service Provider, but you cannot be identified personally. We collect information on which pages are accessed on our site. We use this information to improve your overall shopping experience at borsheims.com. We also collect customer information gathered in the course of processing sales transactions and provided by customers in response to surveys or other requests for information. We keep this information confidential.
Protecting Children's Privacy Online
From our website, we do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent, or provide parental notice. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of nonaffiliated third parties to which our web sites may link.
For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC web site: www.ftc.gov.
Links From Borsheims Sites